Mega Classic Water Distiller
- item#: 36999
- width: 22” (56 cm)
- depth: 16” (41 cm)
- height: 22” (56 cm)
- shipping weight: 72 lbs. (33 kg)
- machine weight: 61 lbs. (28 kg)
- current draw (120V): 13.5 amps
- current draw (240V): 6.75 amps
- total wattage: 1600
- max. distilling capacity: 12 gallons (45 liters) per day
- storage capacity: 10 gallons (38 l)
- demand pump: 1.4 gallons (5.3 liters) per minute
- ambient temperatur: 50½-90½F
- operating pressure: 30-100 PSI
If you desire the ultimate in convenience and faster production, the Mega-Classic is perfect for you! It produces twelve US gallons of distilled water per day and is equipped with a ten-gallon storage tank. It has a built-in demand pump to deliver pure water right to your sink and refrigerator or has a manual distilled water outlet for dispensing water directly from the storage tank. Maintenance is at a minimum with the Mega-Classic’s self flushing feature.
The Mega-Classic is constructed of top-quality stainless steel to provide years of dependable service with a minimum of care. It is fan-cooled and has a unique float design to stop automatically when the storage tank is full. It has a safety shut-off switch which turns the unit off should it ever overheat. Each Pure Water distiller is complete with twin vents to allow volatile gases to escape. Additionally, a carbon post filter is included to aid in the removal of any organic or inorganic gas carryover and to improve taste.
Mega Classic Features
The Mega-Classic will automatically flush and drain the contaminants from the boiling chamber when the storage tank is full. This maintenance-reducing feature requires that this unit be installed near a drain. For installations that cannot accommodate a drain, the unit can be switched to manual drain mode with a push of a button.
The Mega-Classic also has a built-in demand pump to deliver the distilled water to an auxiliary faucet and/or to a refrigerator or icemaker. You can also add an optional faucet to dispense distilled water directly from the storage tank.
Pure Water has an optional stainless steel floor stand available (shown on front) for easy installation of your Mega-Classic in your basement or utility room.
Steam Distillation & The Hydrologic Cycle
Just as Mother Nature takes ocean water and makes pure, rain water, a Pure Water distiller duplicates the Hydrologic Cycle inside this appliance.
- Regular tap water is poured into the boiling tank.
- A heating element boils the contaminated water and the steam rises.
- The steam passes into the condensing coil, and the impurities are left behind.
- A fan cools the steam and converts it to water — pure, distilled water.
- A glass storage container holds one gallon of distilled drinking water and is dispensed through the pour-through lid.