Fully Automatic Distilled Drinking Water System With the capacity to make one gallon of distilled water every three and one-half hours, the Midi-Classic is the ideal unit for a family or business. This automatic distiller holds approximately five gallons of pure water in its stainless steel holding tank. The Midi series is a favorite among buyers and is in daily use in over 130 countries worldwide.
The Midi-Classic is constructed of top-quality stainless steel to provide years of dependable service with minimum care. It is fan cooled and equipped with a unique float design to stop automatically when the storage tank is full. A switch inside the unit can change the machine to manual fill operation for versatility. The unit has built-in steam-sterilization and is easy to clean. A safety shut-off switch turns the unit off automatically. The Midi-Classic is designed for many years of trouble-free service and comes with a 15-year limited warranty. Each Pure Water distiller is complete with twin vents to allow the volatile gases to escape. Additionally, a carbon block post filter is included to aid in the removal of any organic or inorganic gas carryover and to improve taste.
Floor Stand Option
A custom built, stainless steel floor stand is available for easy movement. It allows the unit to be elevated 18 inches from the floor. This is the ideal accessory when counter space is at a premium.
Demand Pump Option
For transport of distilled water, the unit is specially equipped with mounting holes to allow easy installation of an accessory demand pump. With this added feature, distilled water can be pumped and dispensed through auxiliary faucets or routed to a refrigerator or icemaker.
Steam Distillation & The Hydrologic Cycle
Just as Mother Nature takes ocean water and makes pure, rain water, a Pure Water distiller duplicates the Hydrologic Cycle inside this appliance.
- Regular tap water is poured into the boiling tank.
- A heating element boils the contaminated water and the steam rises.
- The steam passes into the condensing coil, and the impurities are left behind.
- A fan cools the steam and converts it to water — pure, distilled water.
- A glass storage container holds one gallon of distilled drinking water and is dispensed through the pour-through lid.
* storage capacity may fluctuate between 4.5 and 5 gallons due to float settings. All figures are approximations and subject to change without notice.